8 Great Reasons To Eat Garlic
Loaded with flavor and an intoxicating aroma, otherwise known as “the stinking rose”, garlic not only makes your dishes such as Roasted Garlic or Lentil Roasted Garlic Soup delicious, but it also has a myriad of medicinal abilities!
Here are 8 reasons why you might consider more garlic in your diet:
- Garlic has tons of antibacterial properties.
- Allicin (the compound in garlic that is responsible for the health benefits), helps keep fungus and yeast in check.
- Garlic increases immunity to the common cold.
- Garlic helps reduce the risk of atherosclerosis (the cause of most heart attacks & strokes).
- Garlic may improve hypertension and prevent cancer.
- Garlic is loaded with selenium and components that form glutathione, which has enormous amounts of antioxidants.
- Garlic may help thwart against diabetes.
- Garlic tastes delicious!