Getting Rid Of Cold Naturally
When you have a cold, your body is telling you that it needs to cleanse itself from wastes, toxins and bacterial overgrowth.
There are hundreds of different cold viruses and depending on the strength of your immune system, you may or may not be susceptible, which is why some people will catch it and others will not. If these toxins and wastes build up too much, your body will naturally rid of them.
It typically takes about a week for the body to go through the detox process. It is always best to support your body by using practical natural remedies. It seems that over-the-counter medicines may help to alleviate the symptoms temporarily, this will undoubtedly prolong the process, as your body can not detox with these medications in it.
Here are some tips for getting rid of your cold naturally:
– A daily walk in fresh air (not freezing cold air) to oxygenate the lungs.
– Take Vitamin C throughout the day (check label for dosage)
– Avoid sugary, fried, and dairy foods, increase fruits and veggies
– Eat vegetarian, avoiding dairy, but keeping it light
– Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
– Avoid alcohol or smoke anything
– Stay warm
– Take hot baths or saunas
– Get plenty of sleep, your body regenerates its cells during sleep
– Use a Netti Pot with sea salt
– Wash hands
– Drink Dandelion tea
– Make sure you’re eliminating properly, this will help to rid the body of bacteria and mucous, which can continue to reinfect you
These viruses replicate themselves with a vengeance, so I encourage you to take as many necessary steps above to support your body to total health!