Healthy Skin, The Natural Way
Our skin is the largest organ of the body and can most definitely be a reflection of our lifestyle. It really is a mirror of our physical and emotional state. Unhealthy foods and/or habits as well as stress and emotional turmoil have a huge consequence on our skin’s health.
The good news is there are ways to improve our skin! First and foremost, get plenty of sleep as most cell replacement happens while we sleep. The life cycle of skin is about 27 days. The skin also regulates our body temperature, retaining heat and cooling us down through our sweat glands.
Here is a list of things that damage the skin:
- Sun exposure
- Inadequate sleep
- Insufficient essential fatty acids, such as flax seed oil
- Diet low in plant foods
- Free radicals
- High blood sugar
- Environmental toxins
- Clogged pores
- Expired skin products
- Sodium lauryl sulfate, used in most store bought skin care products, unless it is all natural and/or organic
For a radiant glow:
- Get plenty of sleep
- Drink water
- Eat lots of fruits & veggies
- Lower your stress and include omega oils
- Use natural skin care products
It’s really that easy to be on your way to healthier more radiant skin!