Formerly known as ‘King’s Island,’ the Maldives is a surreal land of blue lagoons and soft white sands awash in an ocean of teal and indigo. Its beguiling name means ‘garland of islands’ in Dhivehi, the local language. Although no one knows who first named this glittering archipelago that stretches north-to-south across the equator, explorers, traders and travellers have been coming here for centuries – each generation as enchanted as the last.
Very little has changed since ancient mariners first sailed these seas. Just one-sixth of the country’s 1,190 islands are inhabited – mostly peaceful fishing villages nestled among the palms. The Maldives today remains a necklace of soft sand atolls laid out on the shimmering azure waters of the Indian Ocean.
Surrounded by the wonders of the Indian Ocean, One&Only Reethi Rah makes its home on one of the largest islands in North Malé Atoll. A jewel among a string of coral atolls, lagoons and white sands, it is about 700 km (430 mi) southwest of Sri Lanka. 128 resort villas are discreetly positioned along the sweeping bays of the island.
Indulge with One&Only Spa’s ‘Relax, Restore and Elevate’ Rituals or a warm WatSu in-water-massage, finish unwinding with time in the stunning vitality pools or the serene relaxation gardens.
Health & Well-being
– Yoga and meditation classes at the Chi Pavilion
– Pedi:Mani:Cure Studio by Bastien Gonzalez
– One&Only Hair Salon by Taylor Taylor London
– State-of-art fitness centre with outdoor Queenax training area
Activities & Excursions
– Snorkel or dive through a string of reefs and marvel in the diversity of the Maldivian marine life.
– ClubOne, a trendy beach club offering activities and entertainment for all ages including an art studio and a climbing wall.
– A wide range of water sports is available including canoes, pedal boats, windsurfing as well as jet skis, water skiing and flyboard.
– Outdoor facilities include two floodlit tennis courts and a professional synthetic grass football field.
One&Only Reethi Rah
North Malé Atoll, Maldives